The women political leaders of the opposition do not intend to remain indifferent to the arrests of seventeen women of the national movement “jigueeni Pastef” (the women of Pastef). They were apprehended near the home of their leader on Friday, February 26, 2021 at the Keur Gorgui city. They issued a statement in which they denounced the abusive arrest of these women, whose only harm is to show their support for their leader, Ousmane Sonko, accused of rape by a 21-year-old masseuse.
The platform for women political leaders demand the immediate and unconditional release of these mothers. In the full communiqué signed on Friday, February 28, 2021, some twenty women leaders from different organizations and political parties denounce their continued imprisonment.
“We, members of the platform of Women Political Leaders and members of the Senegalese opposition, strongly denounce the arbitrary arrest of our sisters affiliated to the cause of the political party PASTEF-Les Patriotes. We express our unwavering support.
We strongly condemn any impediment to freedom of expression and to the individual and collective rights conferred by the Constitution of our country. In this regard, we call on the Minister of the Interior to proceed with the immediate and unconditional release of our sister Maimouna DIEYE and her comrades.
We call for serenity for the stability and tranquility of our country.” , say these women determined to assist Pastef’s activists.
The signatories to this press release are:
– Nafissatou WADE, Pdte Convergence DEGGU JËF
– Elene TINE, Pdte Mouvement pour un Sénégal d’Ethique et de Travail (MSET)
– Honourable Aïssatou Mbodj Member of Parliament President of AND/ SAXAL Ligguey (National Alliance for Democracy)
– Maimouna BOUSSO , Pdte FORCE CITOYENNE
– Honourable Woraye SARR, Member of Parliament of ECOWAS, Deputy Secretary General of the PDS and in charge of women.
– Honourable Yaye Mane ALBIS ,President of the National Assembly
– Honourable Aissatou SABARA, Member of the GRAND PARTI
-Hon. Mame Diarra FAM, MP PDS
– Hon Aminata KANTE, Member of the GRAND PARTI
– Honourable Oulimata GUIRO, Member of Parliament for PUR
-Seynabou WADE, Former Deputy Mayor, member of the Taxawu Coalition Senegal
-Ngoné NDOYE, Founder of FEMIDEC
?Awa DIENE KANE Pdte National Movement of Conscious Citizens MNCC
-Bineta GUEYE, Pdte Mouvement GUEM KHALIFA
-Kine NIANG SAKHO, DAJ DEPP Women’s Leader
-Aissatou FALL , Women’s Coordinator kHALIFISTES.
-Ndèye Awa DIENG ,Pdte des femmes du PCS/Jengu Tabax
-Astou SAKHO, Head of Women of the SET Party ( Senegal Led)
–Coumba NIANG, FSD Women’s Group/BJ (Front for Socialism and Democracy/Benno Jubel)
-Fatou Samaké THIAM, National Head of Women of GUEUM SA BOPP
– Khady BA, Head of Women of the ACT (Alliance for Citizenship and Work).